The Rules
  • Feel free to leave constructive criticism, or point out a better way to do something.
  • Personal attacks or flames, on me or anyone else, will be deleted.
  • Past history has shown that 99% of comments I can't read (i.e. those in other languages) to be spam. Therefore, any comment I can't read will be removed.
  • I'm pretty mellow concerning profanity, but excessive (as determined subjectively by me), bad language will be removed.

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Monolingual: Handle With Care

So I learned something interesting about Monolingual today: If you remove all the PPC stuff from your universal binaries, you won't be able to build and link Xcode projects. So if you think you need to save the megabytes of disk space that trimming PPC code from universal binaries will get you, think again if you use Xcode.

Or tell me how you worked around this.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

does reinstalling xcode fix it, or do you need the ppc binaries from all your apps?

Alex said...

At work I archive-and-reinstalled Leopard. That obviously worked.

On my laptop, I re-installed Xcode, and so far so good. So I'm guessing re-installing Xcode will do it.